Click here for the French Version
Stand Up Paddle, differently known as SUP, is a water sport that consists of paddling while standing on a large board. Originally from Hawaii, it is an ancestral sport that has come back in the style of the day for a few years now. It has become very popular because it is so quick to learn and it is accessible to everyone. Not requiring a high level of physical condition, this sport attracts more and more people all around the world. You can practice this sport on a lake but also at sea.
There are several ways to practice Stand Up Paddle:
- For beginners, there are very stable and wide boards for hiking and walking on the water at your own pace.
- For the more audacious, there are longer and narrower boards for racing, to get the maximum speed.
- And finally, for the more adventurous, it is possible to surf with a shorter and wider paddle board to handle the waves more easily.
Once you've made your choice, all that's left is to choose your board type.
- Inflatable Stand Up Paddle boards (iSup): resistant and stable, they are recommended for beginners. They inflate quickly with a pump and they are easy to store as they fit in a backpack.
- Rigid boards: recommended for experts who wish to practice racing or surfing. These boards are more powerful but more fragile. They are less practical to transport than an inflatable board.